Friday, September 4, 2009

Stephanie Meyer Book Review

This week I have read all of Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. This took me about ten hours total. I have just started reading The Host, also by Stephanie Meyer, and find it very enjoyable. Stephanie Meyer is a very good writer, but she has a tendancy to use wrong words. What I mean by this is that I could easily think of a word to replace one of hers that would work and sound a lot better than the one that she had.
For example, in Twilight book New Moon, Bella is wondering what Jacob is thinking and is written like this,"I was wondering if he were thinking the same thing that I was." I believe that replacing were in this sentance to was, would sound a whole heap better.
Other than the uncommon wrong word, the whole series or saga has been very entertaining and very 'addicting' as anyone knows. The story line of the books are all similar and pretty predictable, but Meyer keeps us reading with the unexpected twists and turns of the otherwise 'fairy tale' story. To find out if the last book, Breaking Dawn, ends happily or even at all! you need to read the whole saga and learn the entire emotional story. Good luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment